There have been a couple of things that have unfortunately been keeping me from posting. Sam and I had a lapse of Bible reading over the weekend. We celebrated his sixth birthday with 27 boys over at our house (I guess that rule that you should have the child's age plus one extra child went out the window) and my husband went out of town for business. Combined all of these things proved a major setback for us, but not to worry we are continuing on our race thanks to the following episode.
A few nights after our three-day reading lapse, I went in to check on the boys about 30 minutes after putting them down. Sweet Cal, my almost four year old, was awake in the dark sitting up in bed and straining to read one of his books. I crept closer and realized he was in fact looking at his toddler Bible. I was almost moved to tears upon seeing my sweet boy enthralled in the word of God. It was such a sweet and tender moment that I will never forget. So we now have a new runner joining us! My prayer for sweet Cal today is that these nightly Bible readings will teach him that no matter how dark his world becomes, he can always squint in the darkness and find God.
P.S. Little does he know, Cal's devotion to God's word was the impetus for getting me back on track with my daily readings. These kids are more diligent than I am, who knew!
No comments:
Post a Comment